To successfully deliver project objectives through detailed planning of project activities and active collaboration with project sponsors and stakeholders.
The role will support the Product Owner in managing the complete project lifecycle, focused heavily on project delivery. This may include identifying user and system requirements, the creation of an overall project working framework, formal project documentation, the definition of critical milestones, performance targets and testing programmes, the negotiation of appropriate internal and external resources and the overall management of the progress of projects.
- Defining project scope, requirements and objectives involving all relevant stakeholders while ensuring technical and operational feasibility.
- Co-ordinate internal resources and / or third party vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Day-to-day management of both on site and virtual teams associated with each project.
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
- Manage changes to project scope, schedule project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Produce project status and executive summary reports as required.
- Report and escalate issues to management and project team as required.
- Successfully manage relationships between clients and stakeholders.
- Work within PMO governance framework.
- Perform risk assessment and management to mitigate project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third party vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Ensure delivery of all required project documentation at the point of handover to the relevant parties.
- The accurate and comprehensive definition of the scope of a project as agreed with project stakeholders;
- Appropriate project and systems analysis work as defined to be needed for a project;
- Regular communications and liaison with all project stakeholders;
- The identification of project team tasks needed to meet overall project goals;
- The identification of project team resources needed;
- The coordination of the production of detailed project plans to ensure effective and timely project delivery;
- The ongoing coordination of all project issues, risks and project documentation production and updating;
- Ensuring the ongoing communication of project progress takes place across the project team.
- PMP / PRINCE 2 certification
- Change management accreditation
- 3-4 years of proven working experience in project management within a technology led market sector.
- Proven track record of successful IT project delivery and benefit realisation
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, both written and verbal for both internal and client-facing teams
- Delivery focused
- Experience of running multiple projects with dependencies
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and project management software (JIRA, MS Project, Trello preferred)
- Experience managing teams running Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience working with teams across offices and in multiple timezones preferred